The Subeditor plans, edits, writes, reviews, and revises content for publications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Proofread and edit spelling, grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
- Rewrite text to make it easier for readers to understand.
- Verify facts cited in material for publication.
- Evaluate submissions from authors to decide what to publish.
- Acquire manuscripts for review from researchers, authors, and contributors.
- Content planning of manuscripts for publication of books, newsletters, and bulletins.
3. Managing publications
- Oversee publication production, including artwork, layout, typesetting, and printing, ensuring adherence to deadlines and budget requirements.
- Writing and assembling components for each publication
The Subeditor will also undertake ad hoc writing assignments for research and correspondence purposes.
Applications with detailed curriculum vitae, current and expected salary and a recent photograph must be submitted to application or send to;
Head of Publication and Resource Centre
Maritime Institute of Malaysia
Unit B-06-08, Megan Avenue II
12, Jalan Yap Kwan Seng
50450 Kuala Lumpur