The Maritime Institute of Malaysia (MIMA) is a maritime policy research institute set up by the Malaysian Government to look into matters relating to Malaysia’s interest at sea, and to serve as a national centre for all maritime related matters. We are looking for a suitable Malaysian candidate with strong interest in maritime statistics/ data management work to fill an internship/contract post at MIMA.
• Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets
• Ability to analyse, model and interpret data
• Ability to communicate and acquire primary and secondary data sources from the stakeholders
• Ability to process and manage large-scale database
• Ability to plan work and meet deadlines
• Able to work under pressure and independent
• Willing to learn about the maritime industry
• Candidates must possess at least a Professional Certificate/ Diploma/ Bachelor Degree
• Have experience in using TABLEU software
• Strong sense of confidentiality, meticulous, responsible, mature and pleasant personality.
• Good command of both Bahasa Malaysia and English language.
• Independence while being a team player, well organised, discipline, adaptable and resourceful.
• Good computer skills in data analyst technical skills; besides Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point applications and ability to multitask and proritise tasks.
Applications with detailed curriculum vitae, current and expected salary and a recent photograph must be fill-up to the application form or submitted to;
Maritime Institute of Malaysia (MIMA)
Unit B-06-08, Megan Avenue II
12, Jalan Yap Kwan Seng
50450 Kuala Lumpur
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.