As a maritime policy research institute, MIMA complements the government’s efforts at facilitating the planning, formulation, and implementation of national policy in the areas of maritime industry, security, legislation, and environment and is a focal point for enhancing awareness of national, regional and international maritime issues.
In line with that, MIMA is committed to:
- Producing quality, timely, relevant and implementable research output in the maritime field for the relevant stakeholders
- Providing maritime advisory and consultancy services that will meet government, industry and stakeholder needs and interests
- Strengthening its networking with relevant organisations/experts through conferences, seminars, workshops and other activities
- Raising public awareness on maritime matters of interest to the nation
- Being professional, objective, innovative and efficient, and work collaboratively to achieve optimum research outputs for the nation and government
- Producing MIMA Bulletin quarterly to disseminate the latest maritime issues to stakeholders, members and the public